Start your Digital Marketing career!
Begin your career in Digital Marketing, or upgrade your skills, by enrolling in the Digital Marketing Certificate program. Students will learn how to utilize digital marketing tools to best represent, build and develop businesses online. This program teaches students to choose the best digital marketing tools and social media platforms to reach a targeted demographic, enhance engagement and build an online presence. Students will also learn how to design and build a website and implement successful search engine optimization.
The Digital Marketing Certificate was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- Identify various social media platforms, their functions, their targeted audiences and engagement styles
- Discover the importance of a stylistic approach to content curating and writing online to successfully market businesses online
- Strategize how to allocate budgets and delegate efforts to optimize digital marketing campaigns
- Implement and develop online digital marketing tools and social media strategies to create an online business presence that enhances, supports and represents the brand
- Develop a website considering brand recognition, business strategy and optimal user experience and engagement
- Enhance and monitor the success of your online digital tools through implementing search engine optimization, engagement strategies and objectively analyzing metrics
Digital Marketing Fundamentals
This course will highlight the dependence on digital marketing in business and corporate strategy. In this course students will become familiar with the importance of branding, the key components of brand identity, and how to create a Unique Selling Proposition (USP). This course will also describe common purposes for various digital marketing channels, audiences and reach.
Social Media Marketing Strategies Core
Social media as a marketing tool can make or break brand image and has rapidly become the channel of choice for companies to reach their target audience. Learning how to choose the right social media platform and how best to utilize the features offered by that platform is the primary focus of this course.
Social Media Marketing Strategies Advanced
Select social media platforms based on how businesses can best use them to reach a targeted demographic. Learn how to implement social media strategies to create a successful social media campaign and represent a brand. Students will curate the best content for each social media channel and create and design appealing content to attract engagement and build a following.
Strategic Web Design
Students will gain an understanding of Website design and how websites are built Students will learn newer methods to deliver and display unique and increasingly complex sites to appeal to a wide variety of demographics. Students will learn to use website templates, HTML5 programming and WordPress. Students will build a fully functional website that showcases their talents.
Writing for the Web Content Development
Reading online is a very different experience from reading print. Thus, even strong writers need to discover how to tailor their content for the digital environment. This text will provide an in-depth look into the process of writing compelling copy, including: brainstorming, outlining, drafting, and editing. Also, from white papers to eNewsletters, students will discover how to create content for various web purposes, while learning how to optimize it and capture the target audience’s attention. Video storyboarding and scripting, as well as how to promote content, will also be examined.
Search Engine Optimization
Moving beyond basic keywords and PPC marketing, SEO takes a deeper look into what businesses need to do to get their content in front of their target audience. This course takes a very broad view on the subject covering more than Google, incorporating SEO strategies across multiple platforms and geographic regions.
Digital Marketing Portfolio
The digital marketing portfolio course allows students to culminate their work throughout the Digital Marketing course and create a presentation portfolio that will feature their work. This presentation portfolio will serve as a professional presentation tool when applying for jobs and/or working as a consultant with clients. It will provide the opportunity for the students to be creative in their personal branding and showcase their work. It will allow students to be work-ready with a digital marketing portfolio before the completion of their program.
This course introduces strategies for planning a career including strength analysis, resume writing, personal branding and interview skills improvements. It allows students to strategically prepare for the next steps after the completion of their program.
- Applicants must have completed grade 12 or equivalent, or have mature student status (at least 19 years old).
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must also achieve a minimum of 60% on the CCC language assessment prior to enrolling.
- Program admission requirements may not be waived by the student or the institution.
By taking our program, you can qualify for the following positions:
- Social Media Administrator
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Consultant-Advertising
- Communications Specialist
- Event Marketing Specialist
- Media Coordinator
- Public Relations Consultant
Source: Government of Canada
Call us for FREE career information: 250.317.2222