Take the first step towards your career in
Human Resource Management!
Both in Kelowna and all throughout BC, there is a great need for competent business professionals who have the potential to work in a managerial capacity.
Graduates of Career City College’s Business Management Diploma, with a specialization in Human Resources, will set themselves on the path to becoming HR Managers. This program covers the important fundamentals of working in any business environment which includes training on functioning with office technologies, developing interpersonal and communication skills, marketing, and more!
Set yourself apart in the competitive job market and work towards your goal of management success with our focused attention on Human Resource Management education. We help build your HR potential by providing a foundation in human resource management, employee acquisition and retention, and project planning.
If you are so inclined, the Business Management Diploma also encompasses the skills and know-how you will need to run your own business.
Finally, we will help you land your dream job with job search and career planning training!
The Business Management Diploma – Human Resources Specialization was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training
Available Online, On Campus, or both!
- Learn how to operate the most in-demand Microsoft Office programs
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Master keyboarding
- Communicate effectively in the business environment
- Learn to market yourself and your company
- Perfect your customer service skills
- Understand proven Human Resource Management skills and techniques in relation to:
- Personnel Planning & Recruiting
- Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Rights & Labour Relations
- Employee Safety & Health
- Strategic Management of Human Resources
This course is organized to follow the life-cycle of an entrepreneurial venture—from concept through implementation to harvesting or replication. It moves further into the entrepreneurial process—discussing the business plan and also the unique aspects of managing and growing entrepreneurial ventures and small businesses.
- Applicants must have completed grade 12 or equivalent, or have mature student status (at least 19 years old).
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must also achieve a minimum of 60% on the CCC language assessment prior to enrolling.
By taking our program, you can qualify for the following positions:
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Planning Manager
- Business Management Consultant
- Business Manager
- Business Methods Analyst
- Business Owner/Operator
- Management Analyst
- Organizational Analyst
- Office Manager
- Project Manager
- Records Management Specialist
- Researcher, Organization and Methods
Source: Government of Canada
Call us for FREE career information: 250.317.2222